Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Tim Scott - Swear


In that magical year of 1983, Sire Records released an EP by a young man by the name of Tim Scott. The title song was later covered (And BADLY, I Might add...)by Sheena Easton. But Tim's version had just the right amount of creepiness and camp to it. The rest of this 5 song EP doesn't hold a candle to Swear, but it's not terrible either......
FUN FACT: The Go-Go's Jane Wiedlin sings background vocals on "Swear"


On Tim Scott's own website he states the following:
"This was my young and confused record...I wrote the songs over a couple of weeks on a little Casio keyboard...Sire heard it and offered me a deal...no use apologizing for such a thing...my mistake... the good part of it was working with Richard Gottehrer ...really took me under his wing...shame we were working on the wrong kind of music....."
TIM SCOTT - SWEAR

6 comments:

Mr.Brown said...

as opposed to the successful music he makes now right? What an A-hole! - just because you accidently hit with a one hit new wave wonder doesn't mean you can crap on the whole genre.

Grumpies said...

You're beautiful, man! I just found your blog today looking for Nowhere Girl by B-Movie, and then I found this song. I've been looking for this for years.

Hingehead said...

Crushed - just found this blog post and the zshare links are dead. Trying to avoid ripping my vinyl copy... boohoo.

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Quách Đại ka said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Kor said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.